The Muhlenberg Business Network (MBN) is a volunteer led alumni organization whose mission is to become the definitive professional organization for Muhlenberg alumni and students in business. The recently founded network has four core objectives:
- Develop and foster alumni engagement across business professions.
- Increase employment opportunities for students and alumni through networking, formal and informal mentorship, and skill development programs.
- Buttress the breadth and depth of professional exposure and academic material in the classroom and on campus
- Further Muhlenberg’s reputation and name recognition across professional industries.
The organization is led by a steering committee consisting of three founding alumni along with the stewardship of Pat Fligge ’10, Director of Alumni & Student Connections. Working in collaboration with the steering committee will be six subcommittees, which have a variety of roles.
1. Membership – Engages and markets the organization to all alumni.
2. Communications – Coordinates MBN’s website, social media output and print materials, as well as monitors the organization’s College-hosted email account.
3. Events – Executes all MBN events, while simultaneously providing creative and logistical support for the other subcommittees.
4. College Relations – Liaises with on and off campus College organizations, including but not limited to the Career Center, Summer Business Institute, Academic departments, Regional Club and Young Alumni Council.
5. Seasoned Alumni – Creates initiatives and designs resources tailored for more seasoned alumni, including organizing industry specific groups and mentorship programs.
6. Knowledge Institute – Develops, obtains and curates resources on skill development, management training, job search assistance and a variety of other critical topics for succeeding as a professional, as well as is responsible for housing MBN’s data and records.
Click Here to view the MBN Leadership.
MBN Newsletter - Issue I
MBN Newsletter - Issue 2
Questions or interested in getting involved? Contact MBN@muhlenberg.edu