On August 22, 2013, President Helm and trustees gathered in Seegers Union to celebrate with faculty and staff who supported the College with a gift in the 2012-2013 Fund Year at the Annual Faculty and Staff Campaign Breakfast. More than 64% of employees contributed to this campaign that raised $93,642 last year.
President Helm thanked employees for sharing not only their talents, but also their resources. He also recognized the efforts of the Faculty and Staff Campaign Committee, comprised of employees from various academic and administrative departments across the College. Chairman of the Board Rich Crist ’77, P’05, P’09 followed, making his first public remarks since assuming the role of Chairman earlier this year. He talked about his Muhlenberg experience, then went on to recognize the 16 employees who have been making gifts to the College for 20 consecutive years or more. Stephanie Wolbransky ’13 also took the stage to discuss how the Faculty and Staff Campaign was an inspiration to her as the Chair of the very successful 2013 Senior Class Connections Campaign. The program concluded with President Helm and committee member Lora Taub unveiling the recognition poster, which displays the name of each employee who made a gift.
Employee support is so important in helping Muhlenberg achieve its mission. When submitting grant requests for outside funding, the College is asked to report what percentage of alumni, faculty and staff demonstrate their commitment through giving. Receiving this level of support from faculty and staff shows these organizations that Muhlenberg is a good philanthropic investment.
To find out more about employee giving, please contact any member of the 2013-2014 Faculty and Staff Campaign Committee:
- Deb Kipp P’04, P’06, Associate Vice President for Development and Chair of the Faculty and Staff Campaign
- Alana Albus, Director of the Career Center
- Kelly Cannon, Outreach and Scholarship Communication Librarian
- Kim Clark ’10, Administrative Assistant for Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations
- Sandy Cole, Administrative Assistant for Leadership Gifts
- Laura L. Edelman, Professor of Psychology
- Corey Goff, Director of Athletics
- John Kruglinski ’75, Assistant Professor of Accounting
- Ruth Morris ’12, P’99, P’03, Office Manager for Campus Safety
- Joe Spirko P’11, Custodial Supervisor
- Lora Taub, Associate Professor and Chair of Media and Communication